Well Operations Supervisor for Operator Company
- Exhibit a sound knowledge of discipline, the organization’s systems, and provide a satisfactory level of competence in identified behaviors and skills required.
- Work independently, provide recommendations on local/regional issues and work/interact with other internal/external departments.
- Initiate planning, organizing and prioritizing.
- Provide guidance within area of expertise to less senior staff and receive little direct supervision.
- Exhibit strong teamwork, communication, attention to details and problem solving skills.
- Contribute in ensuring compliance with both regulations and company procedures, and handle non conformities as required.
- Identify risks to people and the environment, and mitigate them so they are as low as reasonably practicable.
- Proactively identify ways to continuously improve HSE performance.
- Stop any job that may harm people or the environment.
- Transfer experiences, good and bad, which could lead to continuous improvement of HSE performance.
- Provides day-to-day on-site supervision of well operations activities.
- Is the primary contact with the site-based well operations contractors to ensure operations are performed in accordance with operational requirements, guidelines and programs, and in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Keeps the Senior Drilling Supervisor (rig-based activities) informed about issues relating to HSE, work management, simultaneous operations and significant technical well abnormalities.
- Coordinates resources of offshore execution team.
- Ensuring that operations comply with HSE Management System.
- Responsible for health and safety procedures being continuously enforced, and making capable decisions in emergency situations to prevent well catastrophes or significant financial losses.
- Ensure that third party well operations equipment is adequately and properly
Technical and personal skills
- MSc in petroleum related study. Experience can compensate for lack of formal education.
- Good knowledge and understanding of NORSOK D-010
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as offshore supervisor of well interventions.
- Extensive experience from subsea completion operations.
- Experience from slick line work and electric line work.
- Experience as onshore well engineer is preferred in addition to offshore experience, but is not a pre-requisite.
- General experience with general Microsoft tools, including Excel
- Hold and maintain a valid IWCF (or equivalent) certificate
- Local candidates will be preferred