Systems Project Engineer for Operator Company
- Collaborate with the selected Strategic Partnership Alliance (SPA) contractors to find robust and good solutions for the project.
- Ensure sound and compliant system engineering across the different work packages
- Manage multi-disciplinary project teams of company and contractor personnel ensuring outputs and outcomes are delivered to meet the agreed business case, in cooperation with the facilities team.
- Take lead on specific work scopes within Facilities team, as required
- Consolidate and document the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements) as part of project planning.
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
- Identifies and manages project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects.
- Manage technical requirements for work across functional areas (subsea to topside) and follow-up on deliverables and documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring highly effective communication and reporting processes are in place and that all key contributors/parties involved in the project.
- Giving advice to non-operated assets in ways of specialist subsea and general engineering and PM
- Manage interfaces across the different work scopes
Technical and personal skills
- Able to draw on broad knowledge of Norwegian field developments and regulatory requirements
- Competent in project management in the oil and gas industry, preferably with an operator
- Commercial awareness of supply chain management and have a clear understanding of project financing/cost control principles
- Good communicator and influencer, able to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to identify and act on technical issues with own initiative
- Able to mobilise internal and external resources to address key decisions and issues
- Education: Degree qualified in engineering/technology discipline
- Work Experience:
- 10+ years broad experience from petroleum industry
- Experience with system / process engineering
- Knowledge of upstream field development concepts formed by several years in the industry and worked within Operators type organisation.
- Knowledge of Subsea developments.
- In depth knowledge of industry standards and authority requirements within the discipline
- Ability to manage interfaces both internally and externally with contractors
- Offshore safety certificate
- All mandatory training as requested, including Compliance training usually provided annually