Technical Safety Engineer for Operator Company
- Follow up the maintenance and integrity of safety equipment as defined in the CMMS system. This includes creating work orders and material demands for preventive and corrective maintenance.
- System responsibility as defined by #817028 “Teknisk og operasjonelt systemansvar”
- Performance standard responsible as defined by #1233253 “Performance Standard. This includes follow up of performance standards during audits (e.g. safety barrier verification, SBV)
- Follow up of Safety Integrity Level (SIL) in operation and Failure Fraction for Safety Critical Elements
- Contribute to risk evaluations and follow up. This includes advising other disciplines with regards to technical safety related issues as well as contributing and attending HAZOPs/HAZIDs or other safety related analyses.
- Contribute to modification projects regarding technical safety
- Follow-up of/review technical deviations from internal or external requirements including assistance in identifying compensating measures
- Contribute to/development of best practices and necessary governing documents
- Assistance to fulfil the authorities and company’s requirements for quality assurance, quality control, maintenance, operation and handling information regards to technical safety
- Responsible for integrating other disciplines into own work and take a holistic responsibility for own discipline.
- Expertise is applied to the analysis and resolution of problems and the provision of specialist advice to the organization.
- Work cross functionally and interface with other disciplines, functions, tie-in projects to operated assets and operated projects modifications.
- Offshore travels to be expected.
Technical and personal skills
- Higher university degree. In special cases relevant work experience may compensate for limited formal education
- Typically a minimum of 5-10 year’s experience from the oil & gas industry, and knowledge of the E&P business
- Highly developed communication skills to present complicated issues in an understandable way, and to influence others to ensure compliance
- Technical safety competence
- High degree of independence, and the position is recognized as a specialist within its discipline
- Broad business understanding
A combination of technical and commercial knowledge to identify and resolve complex business and technical problems within cross departmental studies/reviews in highly complex projects
- Taking initiative, engagement, and tenacity requested
- Confidentiality, reliability
- Good interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- Strong analytical capability