Offshore Drilling Engineer for Operator Company
- Exhibit a sound knowledge of discipline offshore, the organizations systems, and provide a satisfactory level of competence in identified behaviors ans skills required.
- Work independently, provide recommendations and work/interact with other offshore/onshore discplines.
- Initiate planning, organizing, and prioritizing.
- provide guidance within area of expertise to less senior staff and receive little direct supervision.
- Exhibit strong teamwork, communication, attention to details and problem solving skills.
- Contribute in ensuring complience with both regulations and company procedures, and handle non – conformaties as required;
- Identify risks to people and environment, and mitigate them so they are as low as reasonalble practicable;
- Proactively identify ways to continuously improve HSE performance;
- Stop any job that may harm people or the environment
- Tranfer experience, good and bad, which could lead to continous improvement of HSE performance.
- Take on duties in order to relief Drilling Supervisor from his duties to allow him to spend more time in the field
- Training for future Supervisor positions
- Prepare and distribute the ITD (Instruction to Driller)
- Finalize as done ITD (with learnings)
- Do cement calculations
- Update Lesson Learned log
- Perform draft After Action Review (short but to the point)
- Casing test calculation and plotting
- Rental equipment log, focus on high cost equipment
- Follow up MEL on a group load basis (WELS)
- Assist NDSV with DDR (if required)
- Report to DSV
Technical and personal skills
- MSc in petroleum related study
- Good knowledge of well control methods and NORSOK D-010
- Have worked onshore as drilling or completion engineer for 2-3 years
- Good experience with use of Microsoft tools, including Excel
- Need to hold and maintain a valid IWCF (or equivalent) certificate