- Lead and execute research projects focused on CO2 capture, gas processing, and nano-chemistry for CO2 mineralization, specifically within the area of chemical treatment of industrial waste, such as fly ash, waste from cement production, slag from steel plants, etc.
- Drive innovation and the development of new methodologies, materials, and processes to enhance CO2 mineralization technology.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate chemistry expertise into product development and scale-up efforts
- Analyse and interpret experimental data, draw conclusions, and present findings to the team and stakeholders.
- Stay updated on and ensure adherence to environmental and safety regulations pertaining to CO2 capture and mineralization.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior researchers, fostering a culture of learning and excellence.
- Contribute to scientific publications, patents, and conference presentations to showcase the company’s achievements and thought leadership.
Technical and personal skills
- A Sc. or Ph.D. in Chemistry or a related field with a focus on CO2 capture, gasprocessing, waste treatment or nano-chemistry.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in CO2 capture, gasprocessing, waste treatment or nano-chemistry research, with a track record of success in the field.
- Provenexpertise in CO2 mineralization, waste treatment, catalyst development, materials science, and gas separation technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and stay updated on the latest developments in CO2 capture and mineralization
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to lead and execute research projects effectively.
- Proficiency in data analysis and the use of relevant tools and equipment for experimental data interpretation.
- Familiarity with international environmental and safety regulations related to CO2 capture and mineralization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex scientific concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.