Project Quality Engineer for Operator Company
Responsible for coordination and follow-up of SQS activities related to procurement, fabrication and installation of systems and equipment, ensuring that purchased products meet specified purchase and Company requirements. Ensure compliance with established quality processes, coordinate project quality activities and maintain related records. The position will have an active role in supporting the project QM and material lead with detailed document reviews and quality implementation in the project.
- Ensure quality management system compliance within the project.
- Coordinate 3rd party design review according to established plans
- Participate in bid evaluation processes.
- Review Contractors’ Quality Management system implementation in the project
- See to that Contractors’ develop and issue a project specific Quality Plan and Inspection and Test Plans according to contract requirements within due date and provide input to supplier quality documentation.
- Follow-up contractors and suppliers through reviews, verifications, surveillance and audit activities on site, including witness tests.
- Coordination of ITP interventions and collate and ensure closure of actions and comments from Supplier visits and ITP interventions
- Establish and maintain records to provide evidence of conformity to requirements, and of the effective operation of the quality management system, including maintaining a non-conformity system.
- Ensure proper handling of Contractor, Supplier and project discrepancies and non-conformances
- Follow-up and advice inspection teams at Contractors’ sites.
- Facilitate meetings at Contractor and suppliers (e.g. pre-production meetings) premises
- Monitor the process when contract includes delivery of temporary equipment, and provide necessary support and verification to ensure compliance with Company procedures.
- Facilitate handover of project elements from Contractor to PMT and PMT to other departments
- Perform QMS audits
- Ensure proper registrations of Lessons learned
- Stop work if life or health of people are in danger, or if there is a high risk of extensive damage of product or equipment.
- Promote and use the personal safety involvement (PSI) communication tool.
Technical and personal skills
- Technical B.Sc.
- Less formal education may be compensated with documented relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of the petroleum safety regulations and the ISO 9000 Quality Management Standards.
- Min. 5 years of project quality management experience incl. Supplier Quality Surveillance and verification activities.
- Certified lead auditor certificate is an advantage.