Project Engineer for Operator Company
Responsible for day-to day follow-up of pipeline engineering Contractor with focus on HSE, Quality, design, cost and schedule performance within engineering, manufacturing and onshore fabrication, including documentation for operation (DFO). Act as Company Representative during pipeline installation & pull-in, pre-commissioning, commissioning and handover. Responsibility to follow-up and coordinate interfaces between SPS, Brownfield, Pipeline and Umbilical work.
- Follow-up and coordinate the design and engineering work, material or equipment manufacturing, onshore prefabrication, subsea construction and Ready for Operation activities.
- Review design documentation and manufacturing, fabrication and installation procedures etc.
- Participate in developing, reviewing and updating cost estimates and schedules for the various project phases.
- In accordance with delegated authority manage, follow-up and coordinate contractual, commercial and schedule matters.
- Coordinate as required or participate in project risk assessments, risk management activities and monthly risk register reviews and updates.
- Participate in preparation of Requests for Quotation for subsea & pipeline contracts and purchase orders.
- Participate in bid evaluations and clarifications and in developing bid recommendations.
- Advise manager or project manager and project teams on design, engineering, materials, manufacturing, fabrication and installation issues, so that sound technical/commercial decisions are made.
- Assist with contingency, emergency and bridging procedures related to marine operations.
- Monitor pipelines construction contractors’ activities in respect to mobilization and operation of vessels and equipment to ensure Company HSEQ and contractual requirements are fulfilled.
- In accordance with established interface management procedures, ensure timely and technically sound interfacing with other relevant project groups and Company’s technical responsible personnel (TAG) etc.
- Contribute in development of appropriate testing/installation, operation/maintenance and closeout plans and documentation; focus area will be on system integration testing and acceptance testing.
- Identify and handle deviations and non-conformances where necessary.
- Participate in HAZID and HAZOP meetings.
- Process and follow up technical queries from contractors and Operations.
Technical and personal skills
- M.Sc. within subsea engineering & construction.
- Less formal education may be compensated with documented relevant experience.
- Minimum 10 years experience with subsea construction and diving projects.
- Experience of working within subsea development projects in engineering & design, but also in manufacture, installation, testing, commissioning and handover/operation of multi-well projects.
- In depth knowledge of relevant industry codes and standard (NORSOK, ISO, API, ASME, etc.)