Senior Mechanical Engineer for Operator Company
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is part of the Facilities Department in an Oil & Gas Company. The position is responsible for delivery of technical support and engineering services within rotating equipment, piping & static equipment and structure disciplines. The candidate shall be able to provide independent technical support and engineering services within rotating equipment discipline. For piping & static equipment and structure disciplines, the candidate shall ensure technical support and engineering services are provided through coordination with appropriate competence, internally or externally
- Ensure operational excellence in assets and projects through provision of professional 2. Line technical support, expertise and engineering services within the disciplines.
- Perform as focal point and ensure proactive leadership and management of the disciplines in all relevant managements systems and work processes, particularly maintenance-, inspection-, modification-, barrier- and risk management.
- Provide technical advice and recommendations within the disciplines, and ensure necessary involvement from Line Manager and Technical Authorities.
- Ensure safe and cost effective focus in all work, and provide technically sound contributions in accordance with Regulatory Requirements, Company Standards and good engineering practice.
- Exercise professional representation of the disciplines towards all internal and external stakeholders.
Technical and personal skills
- Master- or Bachelor degree in technical subject
- Experience with operations and maintenance on the NCS
- Ability to lead mechanical engineering tasks and minor projects
- Minimum 10 years of experience with rotating equipment
- Certified for work offshore on NCS
- Good communication skills with the ability to interact and develop good working relationships across the organization
- Systematically analyze & approach issues, with the ability to prioritize and solve problems in order to deliver results in a timely and accurate manner.