Mechanical Engineer for Operator Company
- Regulatory and Company compliance.
- Attend and actively contribute to technical mechanical discipline meetings.
- Review technical documentation
- Day-to-day contact with contractors’ mechanical engineers.
- Establish close relationship with key Operations personnel, such as the Rotating Equipment, Electrical and Automations Technical Authorities
- Recommend start-up, commissioning and 2-year operation spare part lists.
- Selection and evaluation of technology, identifying integration and infrastructure issues.
- Implement procedures and standards.
- Follow up contractors’ evaluation of technology and provide necessary interface with Operations during design stages.
- Report technical deviations.
- Present proposals and alternative solutions when required.
- Attend inter-discipline technical meetings.
- Attend technical audits as requested by Management.
- Process and follow-up technical queries from contractors and Operations.
- Actively support other disciplines to ensure inter-discipline coherence and experience transfer.
- Seek out best practices from similar projects, where applicable.
- Ensure operability and maintainability of end product.
- Recommend maintenance program, with relevant spare parts, personnel needs and duration of tasks involved in carrying out such maintenance.
- Participate in project risk management process.
- Participate in HAZID and HAZOP meetings.
Technical and personal skills
- Chartered Engineer/Engineer (BSc)
- Less formal education may be compensated with documented relevant experience
- Mechanical Engieering with Rotating Experience in Projects and/or operations