Analyst Network & Firewall for Operator Company
- Responsible for design, implementation & support of network and firewall solutions to transport business critical systems on backbone WAN and LAN infrastructure in Norway BU, onshore / offshore.
- Ensures a secure, stable, reliable, and scalable network environment to meet business needs.
- Work in a global team of Comapnys firewall experts.
- Ensure maximum availability of network and firewall services.
- Provide Follow-The-Sun (FTS) support for Cisco and Palo Alto Networks solutions.
- Provide project management and technical consultancy; provide troubleshooting, second & third level support, customer liaison, contribute to problem / resolution management
- Manage incidents received in ServiceNow; second and third level support, for e.g.:
- second level of support tasks consist of making minor changes to firewall rules or network configurations.
- third level of support consists of providing more complicated troubleshooting, system design and redesign, refresh and upgrade of network and firewall components, network optimization, design of secure solutions.
- 24×7 Callout Duty.
- Follow-The-Sun responsibilities to provide support to other regions globally.
Technical and Personal Skills
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Engineering/Technology and/or Computer Science
- Minimum CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Association) or CCDA (Cisco Certified Design Association) certifications
- Minimum 5 years technical experience with firewall security, network design and support
- Experience in project management
- Customer facing skills; Structured and good documentation skills
- Systematic approach to problem solving; follows processes and procedures
- Team player and good communicator
- Fluent in English and Norwegian languages, both written and spoken
- MSc in Information Technology or Engineering
- Palo Alto Networks and/or Cisco, and Checkpoint certifications
- CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) certified
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to maintain positive relations with personnel inside and outside the IT team
- In dept knowledge of IT processes and procedures, global and local
- Strong general IT infrastructure knowledge and hands on ability